LaptopVideo2Go Forums

TV-Out Problem with GF4200go

scite

i get black and white when i use the tv-out option i have tray to change outpot to PAL with nvida options and with tv-tool none work and i get black borders round the tv screen i get colors with dell's drivers but not with the moded one's plz help

Which driver version are you using? If you're using any of the new 56.xx drivers, try dropping back to the 53.xx series and see if it behaves any differently.

Hopefully someone who has solved this issue will jump in here. My usual suggestion is to try TV Tool, but the first poster has already done so. My fallback suggestion usually is to check the S-Video cable, since it carries separate signals for chroma (color) and luminance (black and white and picture detail). But it doesn't seem likely that everyone's cables are failing at once.

Again... Anyone out there solved this one? Thanks!

Guest Pilchard

I have the same b&w compoiste problem. I havent solved it, but a workaround.

I am in UK, so use PAL. However, that gives me a b&w picture.

I switched to canada, (a variant of ntsc) and get colour, (with less overscan border as well!).

Seems to work on ost tv's here!

Rich :)

The problem is vey basic, NTSC going to a PAL only TV or viceversa.

Now the trick is to get the video to output the right format.

In the Display properties for the TV-out using my INFs there is ouptut format by Country.

All you need to do is select the country and the apropriate signal will be outputed.

tvout.jpg

The picture above shows where the output adjustments can be made.

This page varies with 4x.xx/5x.xx/56.xx drivers.

Hope this helps,

Pieter.

Edited by dontknow

Have a look in the System BIOS, in here you should be able to change the output as well.

On my machine I can chooce from PAL, NTSC or Auto.

Pieter.

Scite,

Get Forceware 56.56. I'm hosting the files on my server.

I 've attached an original Dell INF (no modifications by me) for 56.56 (don't ask)

Now delete the original nv4_disp.inf from directory place the nvdm.inf in.

Install using setup.

Hopefully, fingers crossed, a working driver.

Pieter.

nv4_disp.INF

I have the same problem, for example the Playstation 2 60 Hz aren't supported in my TV's... i have to reduce to 50 Hz to get color, but with the laptop the refresh rate is always on 60 Hz and i think it's the same problem as the PS2... but in the laptop i can't reduce the refresh rate to 50 Hz... with my GeForce FX 5200 i got color on my TV's but with the laptop i have the problem i mentioned... what can i do? My laptop video card is GeForce 4 488 Go...

Guest [mouta]
I have the same problem, for example the Playstation 2 60 Hz aren't supported in my TV's... i have to reduce to 50 Hz to get color, but with the laptop the refresh rate is always on 60 Hz and i think it's the same problem as the PS2... but in the laptop i can't reduce the refresh rate to 50 Hz... with my GeForce FX 5200 i got color on my TV's but with the laptop i have the problem i mentioned... what can i do? My laptop video card is GeForce 4 488 Go...

Sorry to make the post as a guest, i haven't noticed i was not logged in. :)

Guys,

The TV-out works differently to the LCD panel.

ie The LCD panel works @ 60hz nothing else.

The TV-out is either 50hz for PAL or 60hz for NTSC.

Dell's once again handle the TV-out quite differently :) than other laptops.

It seems to play around with the signal.

My laptop outputs PAL or NTSC end of story but Dells do things a little different.

Best thing, as above get 56.56, try with the INF I've got in my last post.

This is a proper Dell INF, if this doesn't work than I'm out of ideas.

Pieter.

Seems like the page has some kind of problem. all the files that are on their server seems to have vanished.

I've been testing pretty much every driver there is, also using TVtool, still no color. The cables and my TV works because from my old gf2 card in my old P2 450MHz stationary (also from dell) I get color out.

I have also tried on my friends tvs (they also have dell laptops but older) it works for them but not for me. :)

Just an idea, but look for a BIOS update for your DELL. I know that it worked with your older driver, but i just saw that Toshiba posted an bios update for one of their laptops and they made a change to ensure the TV type in the factory default settings is correctly set for both (NTSC and PAL). It's worth a try, even if it's misleading.

greetings

try adding under SoftwareDevice Settings

HKR,, EnumerateTVAsACPIDevice, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, RMMaintainTVStandard, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, CH7009.default.flickerfilter, %REG_DWORD%, 3

Use driver 52.16 with some inf. This works.

P.S.

does your keyboard has by chance commata, shift and "." ? If so, then why not use it?