LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Recommended Forceware/Detonators

mobilenvidia

Here are my recommendations for drivers for various GPU's.

These are my recommendations others may vary.

Click on name in brackets for INF, my INFs are very different to Teraphy's so if one fails try another.

Have a look here for the info on all the GPU's and what they are capable of.

Geforce2go/Quadro2go/Geforce4x0go/Geforce448/488go andQuadro4 500goGL.

These GPUs perform best with DX7 games and the following drivers work best for gaming.

If you don't play games then choose a 6x.xx/7x.xx driver for functionality.

Fastest 44.03

Speed and stability 44.68

Geforce4 4200go/Quadro4 700goGL/Geforce FX go5100-5650.

These GPUs are meant for DX9b, and perform best with the following drivers.

For best DX8.1 performance see above, fastest performance with 5x.xx drivers.

Fastest 53.03

Geforce FX go5700 and Quadro FX go1000.

These GPUs should only be used with 56.54+ drivers.

Speed and Stability 56.64 and 56.72

Geforce FX 6800go and Quadro FX go1400

These GPU's should only be used with 65.91+ drivers.

Speed and stability 67.02

Well I hope this helps in your choice of drivers.

Feel free to try others and report your findings in the forurm.

Enjoy

Edited by mobilenvidia

• 10 months later...
Guest The Creeper

I messed around all day yesterday trying to figure out how to upgrade my Vdriver AND have the Nview utilities to no avail, UNTIL at long last, I found you guys. I tried Det. 71.24 with 30.47p inf and it worked fine. I just couldnt tweak my refresh rates and yes I tried everything. So now after uninstalling that one Im back to find another. Could some1 give me some advice on which DET. would most likely :) work best on my set up? Oh and btw, YOU GUYS ROCK. Thanks for doing what Dell and Nvidia are too lazy to do.

Try the 67.50 driver and INF in my sig, we have the same laptop and GF card and not only does that driver work nice for me, but I can change refresh rates the last time I checked.

You should use Pieter's regular modified INF.

Oh, and nice Sig The Creeper. :)

Bill

Edit: Even though we are bumping this nice thread, don't one of you mods think our 2 posts should be in a new topic? Although with the below addition maybe they should stay?

Also, to contribute to Pieter's post.

The 66.xx and 67.xx and currently released 7x.xx drivers have very similar or faster speed for GF 4 GOs as the old 4x.xx drivers did.

Even though I do not get benchmarks as high in 3Dmark, most or all of my games run faster with these drivers than they did with the 40s. Having your games run faster is what counts you know.

The topic is continued here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6608

The recommended driver for my GPU (Geforce FX Go 5350) is a 5x.xx driver you say. But is there a big difference with the 71.24 driver wich I am using now? Everything works great with that driver (exept for the TV-out wich is solved)

My laptop is in repair now because my screen didn't work anymore and I'm not sure wich driver I will instal if I have it back!

Guest ZD7188cl

so nvidiamobil posted that :

These GPUs are meant for DX9b, and perform best with the following drivers.

For best DX8.1 performance see above, fastest performance with 5x.xx drivers.

Fastest 53.03

Latest 57.79

But his post was on 02-2004. Do you guys still think that 53.03 is the best choice for nvidia5600?

I am trying to look for the best driver in my computer and there is so many with so many tweaks, plus I am not a pro talking about this.

My computer is a HP ZD7188CL P4 3.2, 512 333mhz with Nvidia 5600 64mb

http://www.LaptopVideo2Go.com

There you'll find updated recommendations in RED:

Recommended Driver that is both stable and fast and/or Official nVidia release.

Sorry for the confusions. This FAQ is really old.

This FAQ is a little hard to keep updated with the torrent of driver releases. :)

I'll get onto an update ASAP. :)

Yeah, the new drivers seem to be getting better. I was trying to figure out what the best drivers for Half Life 2 are. I know the 67.02 is the "HL2 optimized" driver, but i just ran 67.22 and it seems slightly faster.

I just got a Quadro4 700 card too so im wondering if it requires a special driver. Im going to try the 70s drivers now to see how they run in the stress test for CS:S .

BrtBendele,

You require no special driver for your Quadro.

You do need a modded INF, I have included the intructions to install the Quadro bits.

Some drivers don't have the Quadro parts needed for 3D Moddeling, OEM laptop manufactures that only have non Quadro Laptops come to mind.

The only thing with Quadro's is I do believe the Performance/Quality slider is locked, and can vary between drivers.

I'm not sure if this still applies to 60's and 70's drivers, though hopefully Kamika-007 can shed light on this.

So you are quite safe to use most drivers.

• 3 months later...
Guest tommy verceti

hey guys, been out out of the nvidia laptop circle for a while but im back again with my new xps gen 2 with the geforce 6800 ultra in it. any suggestions to exactly which driver i should use for it? i looked on the drivers page at lv2go but i could really use some suggestions. thanks !

71.89 is probably the best all round driver.

76.50 is the highest version but still in beta phase.

Very nice machine, any chance of some benchies ot add to the chart.

Welcome back to the Darkside, young apprentice :)

Check your version numbers there Pieter. :)

:) yes your right, I need a holiday

• 3 months later...

I Think the 77.77 driver would be a good driver (this is the latest official nvidia driver...)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest beefsack

hmm this thread was quite helpful for me :) but the thing i miss from the old frontpage was the reccomended stable driver in red :P im not too up to scratch with drivers and dont really have time to test them all, is there any chance we can get a forum mod with a headline up the top saying the current recommended driver?

PS absolutely awesome site and awesome work with the drivers and infs, saved my life and made my laptop so much more useable :) <3 from beefsack, where can i donate?? :(

edit: my name is beefsacl??? T____T its meant to be beefsack...is there a way to change it i cant see it in my controls?

Click the last part of my sig, where it says paypall, it will take you to the donate page. :)