LaptopVideo2Go Forums

added support for Go6600 to v77.xx mobile INFs

®®®

Information for Z71V and M40 users

(if there are other DEV_ID 0144 & 0148 Laptops out there, give us a hint)

As of 17-JUN-2005 the NVIDIA GeForce Go 6600 is supported in all Pieter's mobile INFs for the v77.xx driver series (Windows 200 and Windows XP). The mobile INF for driver v77.40_64bit (Windows XP 64bit Edition) does currently NOT support Go 6600 GPUs.

All you need to do is redownload Pieter's mobile INF and replace your old one with it. Uninstall your old NV graphic card driver. If you feel like doing it *real* proper this time, apply this [procedure to remove any "Phantom Devices" in the DeviceManager]. After that reboot, then install the new driver with the "HaveDisk" method (Update via DeviceManager) described [HERE] or [HERE].

[Driver v77.13] & [corresponding mobile INF for v77.13] & [v77.13 driver thread]

[Driver v77.30] & [corresponding mobile INF for v77.30] & [v77.30 driver thread]

[Driver v77.50] & [corresponding mobile INF for v77.50] & [v77.50 driver thread]

[Driver v77.62] & [corresponding mobile INF for v77.62] & [v77.62 driver thread]

[Driver v77.72] & [corresponding mobile INF for v77.72] & [v77.72 driver thread]

I'll give this a go and reply after I do some test with games. Thanx for the update!

3dmark05june257db.th.jpg

Just ran 3dMark05 and improved my scores using the v77.72 on my M40

v71.70 - 2052

v77.72 - 2111 :)

Only problem is that BF2 demo has that common exit problem...

• 2 months later...

so no 1 is havng problems with this rite?? is there a noticable performance difference?? and their any bad effects of installing this...coz i just got my laptop 2 days back.... this battlefield demo prob...was it from earlier or after u installed the driver??