LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Newb Dell Latitude D820 Port Replicator Question

DiRL

Good Day!

I just installed Windows Vista on my Dell D820, I then installed the 88.61 for my Nvidia Quadro NVS 120M/Geforce Go 7400. Everthing seems to be working wonderfully except I cannot dock my laptop and get the monitor attached to the dock to come up. I am using the INF file I found here with the driver download. Did I screw something up? Anyone else having this problem? I also attempted to run the "N.E.R.D" software however that told me that it did not support my Operating system and that I should upgrade to windows 2000. Let me know if there is any more information that I can provide for you

Keep in mind Windows Vista is still in betas. Alot of the features and drivers in it are still buggy. I personally am going to wait for the full version of vista to come out before I give it a try.

NERD was scripted before VISTA actually existed. So VISTA is incompatible :) to NERD. VISTA is BETA and stays BETA until late 2006, so for productivity reasons i suggest using stable XP.

Microsoft software products stay beta until SP1... then switche to release candidate until SP2.