LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GForce4 440 Go AND Vista

Tom_C99

Hey,

I have tried many things from this site and i am unable to get the drivers to install correctly. I have tried the newest drivers as well as the 77.77 drivers. I cannot get these files to install correctly on Vista. I have tried using the setup and i have tried using the Have Disk feature. The main message i get when i try to install it through HAVE DISK says "The system cannot find the file specified." The setup will not even allow me to install at all.

Any help would be much appreciated. If you need more info, let me know and i will get it to you.

Tom

When booting vista hit F8 or something and there should be an option to allow installing of non-WHQL drivers, try that and then come back if you can't install anything, but don't expect any Aero on that card.

Thanks for the advice. I tried what you said, but it still BASICALLY says the same thing. I have it in my Device Manager with an explaination point. In the details it says

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

The system cannot find the file specified.

I do have one question... will getting these drivers installed correctly, will it allow Vista to run any better or will it still be pretty choppy with my system specs? If it will still be sluggish, dont worry about trying to fix this issue, i might just go back to XP.

Hi.

I just tried the modded INF for 88.61 VISTA (using your version of the VISTA nvidia download). I cannot get the setup.exe to run (it thinks that it's 32bit installer trying to install on a 64bit system; got the same error using the x64 international drivers from nvidia as well). I tried to right click on the INF and install.. error. I even tried to use Windows XP SP2 Compatability mode.

What am I doing wrong?

I copied this from another thread since the person is getting the same error as I.

I am trying to install the driver on a Compaq laptop, R3000 with a 15.4 screen. What other info would you like me to provide? I do have an XML file of the hardware when it is running Windows XP SP1a+ (minus the Lexmark printer I installed recently).

What am I doing wrong?
You literally act as a BETA tester, testing an Operating System in it's BETA stadium plus BETA Video Drivers plus our INF modifications.

Dear Bill,

I recently downloaded one of your product off the internet. I'm not totally satisfied with its quality... I installed it on my 30Gb hard disk it eats 16Gb, if you add 8Gb for Counter Strike... there is little room left for storing p***.

I would like a full refund.

Regards,

John Doe

Hey,

I have tried many things from this site and i am unable to get the drivers to install correctly. I have tried the newest drivers as well as the 77.77 drivers. I cannot get these files to install correctly on Vista. I have tried using the setup and i have tried using the Have Disk feature. The main message i get when i try to install it through HAVE DISK says "The system cannot find the file specified." The setup will not even allow me to install at all.

Any help would be much appreciated. If you need more info, let me know and i will get it to you.

Tom

I have had limited success, using the windows xp x64 drivers, on my hp zv5340us. It is an AMD64 3400+ with an nVidia GeForce 440 go, 64MB. Using the vista installer from the drivers section, it looked as though the install went great. But then after the reboot, I get (error code 43) and the driver is disabled. Now I have tried the new 84.80 win xp x64 driver, and it works, however it is not stable. It worked until the first reboot afterwards, then I get blue-screened. I also noticed the .inf file is a different type, than what comes with vista. the vista .inf is "nv4_dsp.inf" where as the one that actually worked was an "nvhw.inf" Maybe this will help. I am using the beta2 version of vista x64, shipped right from microsoft. I will continue to try other drivers, and see what I get.

Regards,

Seth