LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latitude 420Go and XP Media Center Edition

go4free

Yes, I know a 420Go card is old, doesnt support DX9, so it not supported by Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. I have hacked things enough (disable DirectX checks, etc) so that Media Center will fire up and work pretty good. The problem i am having is that when going to 'My Videos', the videos (i have a sample HD wmv file and a sample .ts file) play (i hear audio) but the screen just sits there showing the media center background, UNLESS I minimize then maximize the media center app (or have it in a windows and not full screen). After I do that, I can play any video just fine. I am running some fairly old drivers that I got from this site months ago. I have the latest greatest MPEG2 decoders, but am tending to think that this is a possible driver issue. Anyone use MCE with any of the drivers on this site? Could anyone recommend a version that might be good on a 420Go with MCE installed?

You might want to post your drivers version. It looks like you have overlay issues... if you have a "not so old" driver you might want to play with the option called VMR in the Overlay section of the Geforce panel. This option causes so much trouble... some people need it off some on.

I have no experience with XP MCE... but it looks like the video rendering options are pretty thin. If its the same as Windows Media Player 9... the only thing you want to try is to lower the video hardware acceleration.

Try v72.14 which is a MCE driver with working PowerMizer. It's a stable and recommended driver.