LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce FX Go 5200 not recognized

vcurd

Howdy,

A few days ago I tried updating my drivers for my 5200 following advice from a different forum which involved using Driver Cleaner. I don't know what I managed to do but now there is no display adaptor listed in my device manager, which prevents me from updating drivers now and the basic processes like scrolling the screen are painfully slow.

I have an Acer Aspire 1363 running XP

I have no idea how to fix this so any help would be much appreciated.

Download for example driver v72.14 and corresponding mobile INF, extract driver, replace original INF with mobile INF, Reboot to SafeMode, Remove all Phantom Devices (see signature), reboot to standard XP, open device manger, install with HaveDisk method, reboot. Done.

And please keep in mind that the Driver Cleaner technique is to be used only when you are facing issues... or when you do a quantum leap driver upgrade like from a 30 driver family to a 90 one.

And please keep in mind that the Driver Cleaner technique is to be used only when you are facing issues... or when you do a quantum leap driver upgrade like from a 30 driver family to a 90 one.

I followed all the steps and my card is up and running again. Thanks heaps for your help.