LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M3438G

DizzyEgg

Hi all,

Im new here, took me a while to find a mobile GPU website, but finally. :)

I am looking for a laptop with a MXM Type III slot so I can upgrade if needs be in the future, I have come accross the Amilo M3438G, it looks perfect for me.

I have found one on ebay at a decent price (i think), can somebody give me the push I need to buy it and let me know what you think?

Link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Amilo-M3438G-Pentium...1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks

Matt

Just bought mine for 1000? in a Hypermarket in Belgium.

1,73GHz/512MB/60GB.

Succesfully upgraded to x1800 :)

What score do you get in 3dmark05? I always liked the idea to make my notebook faster :) . To bad I dont have the money for it :)

What score do you get in 3dmark05? I always liked the idea to make my notebook faster :) . To bad I dont have the money for it :)

5161 :P

Hmmm, I hoped for more. Thats a expensive upgrade for +800 points in 3dmark. (I have around 4200/4300 overclocked). Awell, then it would be a coreduo2 with a direct-x 10 card next year or so :)

Hmmm, I hoped for more. Thats a expensive upgrade for +800 points in 3dmark. (I have around 4200/4300 overclocked). Awell, then it would be a coreduo2 with a direct-x 10 card next year or so :)

Hi Maier,

Yes, I know this one is expensive. It made sense for my costumer as he destroyed his own card, had to shell 300? for a 6800 and figured the additional 125? wasn't too bad.

Keep in mind the x1800 is clocked at stock and my system isn't as powerfull as yours. I'll be benching my own notebook at stock setting for a real comparison. I think the increase is around 35-40%

But I agree: expensive it is.

so you reccomend?

I recommend the notebook without hesitation, but for that price I's say you can buy it brand new in a store.

But it's a pretty ###### fine notebook.