LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MacVidia

Jeroen

I've been playing around some time with running Mac OS X on my laptop.

I have to say, that it works verry good and looks really nice!

I fell in love with OSX a small year ago, started running a PowerPC version on my Windows pc on a virtual machine using PearPC. Afther that I was able to install a PowerPC version into VMWare! But that wasn't enough, I found out a great site, OSx86 where they had more information about running OSX on a Windows pc. It's a hacked Intel version of OSX because Apple forbid's it to install OSX on non-Apple-computers.

After some searching (on OSx86), i found this site MacVidia where tey are giving nVidia drivers for OSX! I haven't tested (newer) drivers because there was an (older?) driver in my patched OSX cd.

But maybe we can give support for Mac nVidia's in the future here :(

Just wanted to let u know what I've been doing last weeks in ma spare time ... :(

I will do more testing on my new laptop (Sony VAIO FE21M) when it arives (should be tomorow or in two days). I will certainly let you know more! But first I'm going to France on vacation for two weeks :)

:P Côte d'Azur :)

leaving the night of thursday-friday till the 24th

Edited by Jeroen

NVIDIA made some GPU's for the Mac.

They are supported in my INFs.

NVIDIA_NV18.DEV_0189.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce4 MX with AGP8X (MAC)

NVIDIA_NV34.DEV_0329.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (MAC)"

Enjoy your holiday, in what could be the next world champions country :)

But first I'm going to France on vacation for two weeks :)

:( Côte d'Azur :P

Hey you won't be that far from me... be sure to have a car with air conditionning. Satan sends the ones that misbehave in hell to my area. :)

mental post-it: remember to ask every sunburned belgian if their name is Jeroen.

Hey you won't be that far from me... be sure to have a car with air conditionning. Satan sends the ones that misbehave in hell to my area. :)

mental post-it: remember to ask every sunburned belgian if their name is Jeroen.

yep, Marseille if I'm right ? :P

problem: the air conditionning in our car broke some weeks a go, let it repair, but it didn't becamu much better :)

So you might want to get rid of those beers and pack a truck load of water.

Be sure to prepare yourself SWEAT... SUEUR... *dutch term for sweat*

ZWEET....

That doesn't want to say I'm not taking the beer 8)

on the road it indeed will be water, LOTS of water!

OffTopic in this Offtopic topic :P : My new Sony VAIO FE21M just arrived this morning (ordered yesterday) :)

And than everybody's complaining that Sony is slow ..... :)

Edited by Jeroen