LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Black Bars

mooreusar

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FS680/W Centrino 1.87, GeForce Go 6200 128 MB w/ 79.11 Driver, 1GB of RAM...when gaming like BF2 i have @ 1024x768 and i have black bars on both sides of the screen, but when i have Star Wars EAW i have it at 1280x800 and its full screen...how do i fix this problem? also are there any newer drivers that i can put on my graphics of is 79.11 the most up to date as of right now?

Play Battlefield 2 in your screen native resolution... which is 1280x800. It might be trickier than it sounds since Battlefield serie is really badly programmed.

About new drivers... hmmm Sony is famous for it's poor customer support... so your current driver might be the last one you'll ever get.

Play Battlefield 2 in your screen native resolution... which is 1280x800. It might be trickier than it sounds since Battlefield serie is really badly programmed.

About new drivers... hmmm Sony is famous for it's poor customer support... so your current driver might be the last one you'll ever get.

well its not just BF2...its any game that i try to play at 1024x768 with my desktop res @ 1280x800...about the drivers..sony hasnt released anything new at all....i was talking about forceware drivers from ppl that create them....i cant find another that works...keeps telling me the driver doesnt match the hardware...thats after i uninstall the previous driver

Buddy your screen native resolution is 1280x800... if you don't feed the screen with that resolution you may have:

- black bars

- black frame

- stretching

- full frame with wrong aspect ratio

If your problem is just to get rid of the black bars... go to the Geforce panel and in the Digital flat panel setteings set Display adaptop scaling.

The image will fill your screen but the aspect ratio will be messed up.

Buddy your screen native resolution is 1280x800... if you don't feed the screen with that resolution you may have:

- black bars

- black frame

- stretching

- full frame with wrong aspect ratio

If your problem is just to get rid of the black bars... go to the Geforce panel and in the Digital flat panel setteings set Display adaptop scaling.

The image will fill your screen but the aspect ratio will be messed up.

there is no way of getting rid of the black bars without the aspect ratio being messed up? maybe something with the registry? there is a way of doing it i just dont remember how i did it.... :)

I'll try simpler words... your screen has a wide screen aspect ratio... if you send an image that is not wide... it will either not fill the screen or have an incorrect aspect ratio. PERIOD

SEND THE NATIVE RESOLUTION TO YOUR SCREEN !!!!

I'll try simpler words... your screen has a wide screen aspect ratio... if you send an image that is not wide... it will either not fill the screen or have an incorrect aspect ratio. PERIOD

You may find a trick for a particular game from here; different games need different tricks - if any available.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/...title=Main_Page