LaptopVideo2Go Forums

BIOS Request for FX Go5200

mew905

My laptop is an Inspiron 5150, with the 64MB GeForce FX Go5200. I'm a gamer (fairly hardcore), and the FX Go5200 plays most games reasonably. However, the newer games (NFS MW, Doom3, etc.) are a little... slow for my liking. IF someone can modify a BIOS for my card to provide more voltage to the GPU (I've tried editors, none can read the BIOS properly, and I looked around the internet) so I can overclock higher (at the very least to 300/600) I would be grateful. Battery life and heat isnt an issue for me anymore due to my matrix lag fix, which can be found on this forum, so I want to use the power the CPU no longer needs on the GPU (not literally of course)

An extra 1 or 2 FPS would even be enough, but as it stands, at the lowest settings I can get (both driver and game) the newer games run slowly.