LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Where do the drivers unzip to?

Guest Guest

Where do the drivers unzip to? It doesn't ask me where i want them unzipped to. When it says "setup cannot find compatible hardware....yadda yadda" i dont close it out. I just go to desktop and search and find nothing.

There is no C:\nvida folder. It doesn't say where it's extracting them.

I search for "nvidia" and nothing. I search for nv4_disp.inf and nothing.

Help :)

The driver exes from this site that are packed using 7z zip will uncompress to a folder in the same location as the exe file by default, for example if you run the setup exe on your desktop (right click download to desktop), you will have a xxxx folder on your desktop where xxxx is the driver version number. (like 8195 for the 81.95 driver)

Inside that folder of course is the driver, you then need to download the driver's corresponding mod INF from this forum, and when they get it back up, you can easily download from the main page.

You then replace the INF in the xxxx folder with the modded INF and install using the device manger, not the installer.

Directions and a video are in the first post in this topic.

Edited by Bill