LaptopVideo2Go Forums

max queue request depth

solgae1784

I've been using 67.66 drivers on my VPR Matrix 200A5 that has Geforce 4 420 Video. Recently I formatted the computer and checked this forums. I found out that someone actually succeed with installing 84.21 drivers on the laptop with a working solution (via custom resolutions) of the 800x600@4bit color problem, so I installed the 84.21 drivers and followed the solution.

Everything works but when I check the AGP section, the max queue request depth is on 1. Previously on my 67.66 drivers, it used to be 32,9,9,32 starting from left. Is this normal? BTW, the drivers give me horrible performance on Guild Wars compared to my old driver. With the 67.66 drivers, the game was at least playable.

Also, is there a way to install 67.66 with a up-to-date INF, say, a 84.21 INF? 67.66 won't work and will give me 800x600@4bit color problem, and adding custom resolutions won't work.

Edited by solgae1784

I would dare to say this is a personal request to Pieter combined with a sixpack of beer.

I would dare to say this is a personal request to Pieter combined with a sixpack of beer.

I'm not requesting anything. I'm just asking if it's possible to use a 84.21 INF (modifying the header so it matches the 67.66 info) with 67.66 drivers and see if custom resolution adding would work without resorting to omega drivers. Or is the problem unrelated to the INF?