LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MS KB 921411 - USB hotfix for Centrino based Laptops

®®®

USB devices no longer work correctly after you install the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility in Windows XP or in Windows Server 2003.

SYMPTOMS

You use a computer that is using Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology. The computer is running Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows Server 2003. After you install version 7.2.2.1006 of the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility on the computer, USB devices no longer work correctly. When this problem occurs, a yellow exclamation mark may appear next to the USB devices in Device Manager.

This problem occurs because of a timing conflict between Windows File Protection and the Setup program.

SOLUTION

[KB 921411] updates Setupapi.dll to version:

• 5.1.2600.2938 26-Jun-2006 17:51

I have uploaded the patch in 9 languages only for Windows XP 32bit. To

Edited by ®®®

Updated links to include Hellas.

Added Portuguese for guest.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Sokeks

Hey Guys,

I found this subject when I was looking for any remedy for my troubles. I had almost excatly the same problems as You described with a little exception. With or without a hotfix I have only my USB Controllers working well, but no USB Root Hub working (unknown device with a yellow question mark). I installed a hotfix and nothing changes. Anybody can help me?