LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Vista Aero Glass on Dell Latitude D620 Nvidia Quadro NVS110M

macgyver

I have a Dell Latitude D620 running core duo 2 gig processor, 2 gig of ram and supposedly 256mb video ram Quadro NVS110M. I am running Vista Beta2 and using the INF from this site I was finally able to get my video card installed. But Vista sees my card with only 64Mb ram, I am guessing this is why I can't run the glass display option. Anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks

Does it come with 256MB of dedicated RAM or does it have 64MB of RAM with 192MB of turbocache to make 256MB ?

Pieter is right without the correct driver Vista only see the onboard 64Mb... you need a proper driver to "unlock" the TurboCache.

Try to install the driver that came with Vista build 5472... the 95.61. You'll need to use the have disk method.

Your Dell GPU is covered by the Dell inf file:

NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D7.1   = "NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)"
NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D7.2   = "NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) "

I am seeing now that it is 64Mb with 192 Turbo cache.

I am running Vista Beta2 Build 5384. Should that matter? I guess I don't have access to get the latest build yet.

It should work out of the box.

• 2 years later...