LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Looking for stable driver for Geforce 4 420 Go

ht-naimee

Hi,

I'm looking for a driver for my Geforce 4 420Go (in my Toshiba Satellite Notebook) which is as stable as possible and as fast as possible :)

I'm not sure which drivers I can use and which I can't..or rather which releases.

Thanks for your help and time,

Alex

Hi,

I'm looking for a driver for my Geforce 4 420Go (in my Toshiba Satellite Notebook) which is as stable as possible and as fast as possible :)

I'm not sure which drivers I can use and which I can't..or rather which releases.

Alex

Hiya, I would think 72.14 is the driver for your nVIDIA graphics card. I use that same driver for my 460 Go. If you have problems, feel free to post them.

Hiya, I would think 72.14 is the driver for your nVIDIA graphics card. I use that same driver for my 460 Go. If you have problems, feel free to post them.

Hi,

So you wouldn't recommend trying the new 90.xx or 80.xx drivers but rather stick to the old 72.14?

Yes, the 80's cause problems with the GeForce4 Go graphics cards, but the 90's, I am not to sure, I dont think the GeForce4 Go series cant support it just yet, also, the higher the number, the more improvements, but slower speed. 72.14 is reccommended for the GeFore4 Go series, its the one im running! :)

Yes, the 80's cause problems with the GeForce4 Go graphics cards, but the 90's, I am not to sure, I dont think the GeForce4 Go series cant support it just yet, also, the higher the number, the more improvements, but slower speed. 72.14 is reccommended for the GeFore4 Go series, its the one im running! :)

So, just download the zip and install or do I actually need the extra nv4_disp.inf?

Hi,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Advantage with the 72.14 is the powermizer bars work, though as you have a Tosh, if you have the Tosh Power saver application, that doesn't matter.

The 77.77 is another possibility, and I personally found DVD playback (finally!) has no stutter to speak of with 77.77, so I've gone with that one.

Finally, in the FAQ section, in the topic "FAQ answers" I found this post by ®®®, who really knows his stuff!

"Geforce2go/Quadro2go/Geforce4x0go/Geforce448/488go andQuadro4 500goGL.

These GPUs perform best with DX7 games and the following drivers work best for gaming.

If you don't play games then choose a 6x.xx/7x.xx driver for functionality.

Fastest 44.03

Speed and stability 44.68'

Hope this helps

Cheers

Sandman

Hi,

Well, I don't play games and I don't use battery modes. So I really just need a more or less fast and very stable version with as much features as possible so I can ideally adjust the TV out.

I use the TV out quite a lot and the old driver that came with my notebook isn't up to it.

I used the 81.95 (ForceWare) before and it was OK/good as far as the features were concerned and didn't make my system crash as such, but did cause an error message when shutting down WinXP.

So now I am looking for something with maximum features but still 100% stable and error free.

Hi,

Well, I don't play games and I don't use battery modes. So I really just need a more or less fast and very stable version with as much features as possible so I can ideally adjust the TV out.

I use the TV out quite a lot and the old driver that came with my notebook isn't up to it.

I used the 81.95 (ForceWare) before and it was OK/good as far as the features were concerned and didn't make my system crash as such, but did cause an error message when shutting down WinXP.

So now I am looking for something with maximum features but still 100% stable and error free.

Then try 72.14 & 77.77 & see which suits you best - you will need the modified inf.

• 3 weeks later...
Could someone please point me at a place from where I can download 72.14 ? I would appreciate any help in this regard.

:)

Hint: sort the date by ascending number so the first occurences will show first in the list.