LaptopVideo2Go Forums

DOD: Source

ninjabreadman

Hey,

I have recently installed DOD: source and having been having trouble with it. CS: source works fine on my computer but when I play DOD I get very poor fps rates. When I first load the game I can get 20-30 fps most of the time but after about 10mins this drops to 9-12 fps which is pretty unplayable (I have to restart my computer to improve it again). I have put all the settings to the minimum, have installed directx 9.0c and have tried various drivers (most recently the 84.25 ones) but nothing seems to really help!

How can I solve these problems? Is there a better set of drivers to use??

Computer Specs: P4 3.4 GHz, 1GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 128mb Geforce FX Go 5700

Overheating is your problem... look for this term in the FAQ section.

Overheating is your problem... look for this term in the FAQ section.

Yes. I had exactly the same computer and exactly the same fault. Different drivers did behave differently, some were more prone to slowdown, but you have to test yourself. A partial cure is to downclock the GPU, my default was 350 MHz - going down to 300 or even lower helps. And put something under the back feet of the lappy to raise it.

Ok thanks guys.

I've downclocked my GPU and I've put a laptop cooler under my laptop so hopefully that will help. TBH the fans do go into overdrive when I play so that would make sense!

Edited by ninjabreadman

It's because a 3,4 GHz desktop CPU is in a Laptop :)

It's because a 3,4 GHz desktop CPU is in a Laptop :)

Well, it was a good heater for chilly days...