LaptopVideo2Go Forums

so is this sony laptop anygood for games?

scoss

hi its the Sony VGNFE21M, its got a 7600 128, 1g ddr2 ram (i will be upgrading it to 2) 160hd

Intel Core Duo processor T2300 (1.66 GHz and 667 MHz FSB).

im downsizing from my rig as i mostly play on my 360 these days but i would still like to play hl2 and counter strike etc. what sort of settings would i be looking to run hl2 at with this laptop?

also which would be the current best drivers?

thanks you your help.

You have to understand what is the limit of gaming experience... on most games it's the GPU that is the limiting factor. (some rare case like Oblibvion put the complete system under pressure)

The 7600 coupled with the Core Duo will allow to play those games even at 1920x1200. On a smaller screen it will be speedier.

You have to understand what is the limit of gaming experience... on most games it's the GPU that is the limiting factor. (some rare case like Oblibvion put the complete system under pressure)

The 7600 coupled with the Core Duo will allow to play those games even at 1920x1200. On a smaller screen it will be speedier.

thanks, but in the case of hl2 i presume then that i will be able to add aa/af then with most settings set to high?

At 1920x1200 I run without AA and little AF... the pixels on my screen would enjoy a little AA but I prefer higher frame rates. :) Everything is set to high. So you'll be able to use AA2X with your smaller screen.