LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce Go 7200 Benchmarks

Math

Hi,

I am considering purchasing a HP DV2000T with Geforce Go 7200.

However, I am having a lot of trouble finding benchmarks (aka FPS results for popular games, 3Dmark scores) for the Geforce Go 7200.

Does anyone have a link or have some basic results?

Thanks alot

Also, is the Geforce Go 7200 ok enough to play Oblivion, HL2, BF2, and some of the newer FPS games? I am not looking for a gaming beast, just enough to play medium-ly.

Would it be able to run UT2k7???

The 7300 and the 7200 are the low low end range of the current nvidia GPUs. These are not meant to be used with current top games.

From your listing Half Life 2 has the most chances of running OK.

If you want to look for benchmarks look for 7300 Go or Desktop 7300 LE (but take 30% off its results) or 6200 Go (but add some 10% to its results).

The 7300 and the 7200 are the low low end range of the current nvidia GPUs. These are not meant to be used with current top games.

From your listing Half Life 2 has the most chances of running OK.

If you want to look for benchmarks look for 7300 Go or Desktop 7300 LE (but take 30% off its results) or 6200 Go (but add some 10% to its results).

Thanks for the help. *Sigh*, I dunno what to do then.. I guess I'll wait for the next round of HP laptops so that a 14" laptop will include a much better graphics card..

Also, do you know what is the actual dedicated memory for the 7200?

It says 128 MB but I fear that includes the turbocaching's borrowing from the main RAM?

Thanks

Yes the only machine that I know of with the go7200 is the HP.

Best to avoid and spend maybe a little more on something with at LEAST 128MB dedicated RAM.

Vista has it's minimum set at 128MB, so aim to meet this so you can at least use it should you choose to.

ASUS make a very nice 14" lappy the A8Jm with the go7600 (512MB) or the A8Jc with the go7300 (128MB+128MB TC, I think you'd have to read reviews on exact fugures)

Compal also make a nice 14" lappy the HGL30 with a go7600 (256MB).

Any of these would be a much better choice, happy hunting

Yes the only machine that I know of with the go7200 is the HP.

Best to avoid and spend maybe a little more on something with at LEAST 128MB dedicated RAM.

Vista has it's minimum set at 128MB, so aim to meet this so you can at least use it should you choose to.

ASUS make a very nice 14" lappy the A8Jm with the go7600 (512MB) or the A8Jc with the go7300 (128MB+128MB TC, I think you'd have to read reviews on exact fugures)

Compal also make a nice 14" lappy the HGL30 with a go7600 (256MB).

Any of these would be a much better choice, happy hunting

Wow, thanks for the info! A few quick quesitons:

1) So the Go 7200 is 64 MB dedicated with 64 turbocache then?

2) I think I can trust ASUS. But is Compal a good brand? I want something with a build quality on par witih toshiba/hp/dell...

3) and is the Asus go7600 with 512 MB, that's 512 of *dedicated* rAM??

Thanks!

Edited by Math

oh man i think i am going to buy this asus. its so good! except the HD is PATA not SATA :)

is asus a good laptop brand?

Very good....Most people dont know that ASUS makes anything else other than motherboards though lol.

Wow, thanks for the info! A few quick quesitons:

1) So the Go 7200 is 64 MB dedicated with 64 turbocache then?

I think so, can't be sure, will need an owner to confirm

2) I think I can trust ASUS. But is Compal a good brand? I want something with a build quality on par witih toshiba/hp/dell...

Compal is the 2nd biggest manufacturer of Notebooks, right after Quanta (havn't heard of either ? they make laptops for Dell, HP, IBM/Lenovo etc)

3) and is the Asus go7600 with 512 MB, that's 512 of *dedicated* rAM??

Yip all of, not even a single bit of system ram used :)

Thanks!

oh man i think i am going to buy this asus. its so good! except the HD is PATA not SATA :P

PATA and SATA isn't going to be a huge difference, SATA will be a little faster.

For someone looking at a go7200 this difference is of little concequence :)

Beginning 2 years ago suddenly ASUS managed to get their foot in the mobile world and began to produce laptops. Since then they spitted out more laptops series und submodel numbers than any other in the world in my impression.

ASUS impresses me as they offer updated drivers for a few selected laptop series (could not figure a scheme here) plus on a regular basis offer updated system BIOS for their laptop :)

Ah... awesome! thanks for the info, it helped alot.

Now its down to the W3J+ vs A8JM

Or. the W7J, which has 13.3" for ultra-portability, and the go 7400 is a lil better than the 7200, and should at least be able to blast vista full tilt.. right? lol

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I am considering purchasing a HP DV2000T with Geforce Go 7200.

However, I am having a lot of trouble finding benchmarks (aka FPS results for popular games, 3Dmark scores) for the Geforce Go 7200.

Does anyone have a link or have some basic results?

Thanks alot

Also, is the Geforce Go 7200 ok enough to play Oblivion, HL2, BF2, and some of the newer FPS games? I am not looking for a gaming beast, just enough to play medium-ly.

Would it be able to run UT2k7???

3Dmark01se: 8900

3Dmark03: 2700

It has the same performance as ATI Mobility Radeon 9600

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CrApCeNtRaL

somewhat off topic but for those of you interested in running vista aero anything other than the Intel sh*t will run it ok, ive got an ati x200m with 128mb and it runs aero perfectly and i only have a modest system, turion64 ml-34, 1gb pc2700, 100gb pata 4200 rpm, 128mb ati x200m,

• 1 month later...

I have dv6190eu with GF7200 my max benchmark score is very close to 10k (exactly 9881). Had no to to test it with any game but i think that is should run smoothly quite a few of new games that just came mayby not in full details but is shuld be playable. And about vista im 100% sure that it will work perfectly on aero (im thinking about LINUX GLX as well cos its quite interesting).

PS> if you can choose HP Pavilion series dont try to think about other brands it looks great and its very fast.

oh man i think i am going to buy this asus. its so good! except the HD is PATA not SATA :)

been there, done that. (had one before, didnt like it at all)

Asus is not a high qaulity laptop brand.

if you want qaulity, you should buy IBM, Dell, HP.

A part of me just died when I read that you should buy HP for quality...

I have a couple friends with ASUSes and I haven't heard anything bad about them at all.

been there, done that. (had one before, didnt like it at all)

Asus is not a high qaulity laptop brand.

if you want qaulity, you should buy IBM, Dell, HP.

HP=Crappy quality

Dell=Not so bad but only if you're on a budget

IBM=You won't be disappointed

ASUS=Buy it if you can :)

Edited by The_Lead_Factor

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 7300 in mine.. (Plan to do a whole mb swap to get the 7600 comming up from the g35 av660) Im able to run everything full and all on Half Life 2, I can run medium graphics with anti aliasing at 1024 x 768 32bit and get around 30-40 fps pm Doom 3, not a bad card at all

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey all, I was just stopping by and noticed this thread. I own (and am using now) an HP Pavillion dv2000 series with Geforce Fx Go 7200 card. Honestly the card is much better than i thought it would be when i bought it a year ago. The other week, i ran Call of Duty 4 smooth as you like. fair enough the graphics were set to low (still looks amazing) but it ran fine. Not sure whether it steals RAM but it doesn't matter as i have 4Gb.

HP laptops have got worse quality to be fair. About Asus though, my brother had a few and you don't seem to get the perfromance out of the them as you do with HP and Dells. But hey ho, i don't know too much!

Oh quick question, while i'm here, i know on this laptop you can change ram, hdd and a few other components through access holes at the back, but can you change the graphics cards around??

James