LaptopVideo2Go Forums

cant add custom 1400 x 1050

jiri

Hi,

I have a:

- Toshiba laptop P10 series

- geforce fx go5100 32mb

- Using v91.45 and modded inf provided on this site.

- Windows XP SP2

I recently purchased an Acer 2017 20" LCD with an analog connection and native resolution of 1400 x 1050. I have hooked this up to my laptop. Despite numerous driver updates I have been unable to reach 1400 x 1050, however I am able to achieve much higher resolutions. When trying to create custom resolutions I get the error "Cannot add custom resolution".....Right now I have the LCD running at 1280 x 1024 and when watching fast moving video I can see a sort diagonal break across the screen, slower or still images are ok. I have also installed the Acer lcd driver to no avail.

Im hoping that with the right driver I get/set/force a custom resolution of 1400 x 1050.

Thanks!

Edited by jiri

Given that 1400x1050 is a resolution supported by the driver and it's modded INF... I bet that your screen and your video card are not communicating.

Visit the Recommended driver FAQ... the best driver for your card might fix your issues.

Given that 1400x1050 is a resolution supported by the driver and it's modded INF... I bet that your screen and your video card are not communicating.

Visit the Recommended driver FAQ... the best driver for your card might fix your issues.

Still having the same problem as before with 67.66. When trying to set the custom res I get the "cant add custom res error". I can set 1440 x 900 and greater but still not 1400 x 1050.