LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505

Guest cuebix

I don't want to ruin your dreams... but it seems that none of the Dell laptop uses MXM.

The i6400 comes with a X1400 or the i950GM integrated.

There is not much hope of even upgrading to anything else.

I would think that the i6400 comes with a Type MxM type (dell varient) board where only the low powered GPU's can be added.

The i6500 might come with a X2400 or go8400 so if this happens you migh be able to upgrade to this.

As Dell at leasts keeps the same interface for some models.

I know of no Dells that use MXM technology. Modular, yes. MXM, no.

Guest cuebix

So Dells might be modular, but don't use MXM, right? Because I see someone selling a Geforce 7800 for a dell xps m170 laptop (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260026781258&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1&rd=1#ebayphotohosting).

I have an e1505 with the x1400, and although I'm totally satisifed with the laptop, I found a deal on a similarly priced e1505 with the Nvidia 7300. Thinking it was better than the x1400, I bought it, only to realize afterwards that the x1400 is actually the better performer. The other laptop does have some upgrades on it from the one I have, so my plan was to switch the two video cards if they were MXM, but it seems that I'd be better off switching the other parts, if they are modular since it's unlikely that the 1505 uses mxm.

Thanks guys!

Yes I just noticed that too the E1505/i6400 with go7300, wonder why they bother as the X1400 is a beter option.

Probably to make the go7400 in the XPS M1210 look better

If the i6400 takes the X1400 and the i9400 take the X1400 are they the same (probably not)

If they were you might be able to squeeze in a go7800, 7900 GS ot 7900 GTX