LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia GeForce FX5200 (Error Code 43 On Vista)

Wormhole

Hi,

i got a desktop computer, not a laptop, so i dont know if you would help me, but anyway here goes,

i get an error of Code 43 on Windows Vista, Im Running On EMachines Computer, Windows Vista Ultimate BETA 2, Build 5456, i really need help with this, cause i cant play any of my games, and its annoying.

Anyway, hope you can help,

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by Wormhole

Want to play games... stay with Windows XP or 2000.

Problem is, that when i baught the computer, they never gave me a backup of Windows XP, and i wanted to install vista cause i heard so many good things about it.

Don't listen what people say... Vista is OK for regular desktop use... for gaming... lets say it's not ready.

You can play minesweeper and solitaire. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

i got a desktop computer, not a laptop, so i dont know if you would help me, but anyway here goes,

i get an error of Code 43 on Windows Vista, Im Running On EMachines Computer, Windows Vista Ultimate beta 2, Build 5456, i really need help with this, cause i cant play any of my games, and its annoying.

Anyway, hope you can help,

Thanks,

Dan

Apparently, both the ATi and WDM drivers are the same. The problem is a basic incompatibility between the ATi/nVidia drivers and dual-core CPUs. As a workaround, you can limit startup to one CPU with EasyBCD or VistaBootPro. Search for them with Google - they are easy to find.

• 2 weeks later...

VistaBootPro :)

Quote from their website: "A digital age deserves a digital leader..."

announcing a beta release (version 3.1 wow :P ) for a beta OS which hasn't hit the stores yet of a bloattool which needs .NET 2.0 for a task which can be done by manually opening boot.ini with Notepad :)

What about msconfig or F1 and let it search for boot.ini in case you need to recheck the parameters....