LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem switching between game and desktop (distorded screen, video included)

Guest mickey

Hello guys.

I have a Dell m1710 laptop, brand new almost.

The problem is that when I switch between my game (World of Warcraft for now) to the desktop with Alt-Tab, after some time (10 to 30 sec) my laptop screen become all distorded and it's become worse until I manage to go back to my game and then it comes back to normal.

Here is a video of the problem

http://www.100abris.com/Movie.wmv

I have tried numerous thing to get rid of the problem, including changing video driver. I now have the 91.47 driver, and directx 9.0c and the bug is still there. I have tried a few drivers in the 85xx and 90xx familly, and still problem. I have tried the stock Dell driver from their website, its the 84.69, and I still have the problem. I'm now very confused and don't know what to do.

Anyone have seen this inthe past? Any help would be appreciated.

Don't ALT+Tab... it's a common source of issues in DirectX games.

...or play/switch the game in a window.

Don't ALT+Tab... it's a common source of issues in DirectX games.

...or play/switch the game in a window.

Sorry it's not the kind of answer I am looking for...

My friend have the exact same laptop, without a problem, so I know there is something I can do.

Thanks

:) That kind of information is a TAD IMPORTANT, next time try to include it in the first post... match your friend driver and game settings. Especially the FSAA and working resolution....

:) That kind of information is a TAD IMPORTANT, next time try to include it in the first post... match your friend driver and game settings. Especially the FSAA and working resolution....

Yep, already tried that. I think it's hardware related, but i have been told by others that it's driver related

Take a screw driver and switch the HDD trays with your friend... if your HDD works on your friend PC and his HDD in your PC doesn't work... it's hardware related.

But I really doubt that it's hardware related.