LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Closing lid crashes laptop

Tony Hoyle

Hi,

I've tried several of the 64bit drivers and they all seem to have the same issue - if I close the lid of the laptop it bluescreens in nv4_mini.sys (IIRC.. must check when I've posted this). I'm guessing it's because these are desktop drivers not laptop drivers so some tweaking is required.

Power settings are set to do nothing when the lid is closed so it's not a suspend/resume problem - it's something to do with the way the driver handles that event.

It's a pain, since I often absentmindedly close the lid of the laptop before going to do something else then have to reboot the damned thing to get it sane again...

I see the inf editor has a number of tweaks.. unfortunately that can only generate 32bit inf files... is there somewhere that lists these so I can try them in a 64bit driver?

Edited by Tony Hoyle

• 4 weeks later...

Try to edit the MapOS D3 or D4 value in the INF or search for a setting in the SystemBIOS (if there is any to access) called "Repost VBIOS after S3". Have a play with those.