LaptopVideo2Go Forums

DELL Inspiron 9300

Guest Guest

ok, i've come across the following USED item:

Pentium M 740 ( 1.73ghz/533mhz FSB ) ( CENTRINO!! )

2GB of ddr2 Ram

8x dvd+/rw

Gforce 6800 Ultra 256mb graphic card

17" screen

100gig Hard drive

Built in wireless card/lan

based on above, is that a smokin' unit for the following:

-gaming

-internet surfing

-email

-msn

-cd/dvd burning

-downloading

*gaming is priority as I'd like to play most of the latest stuff out there.

Thanks!

Its not the fastest for gaming anymore, the 7900 GTX go is probably about 70% faster atleast, not to mention that only has a single core CPU.

How much are they asking for it right now?

Might want to save up some more first and get a Core 2 Duo laptop with a better graphics card.

All the stuff you mentioned will run fine on it, but some newer games might struggle at 1920x1200 on that.

Its not the fastest for gaming anymore, the 7900 GTX go is probably about 70% faster atleast, not to mention that only has a single core CPU.

How much are they asking for it right now?

Might want to save up some more first and get a Core 2 Duo laptop with a better graphics card.

All the stuff you mentioned will run fine on it, but some newer games might struggle at 1920x1200 on that.

i'm going to offer him $1100CDN.

i wont be running the games at full res but high enough to get decent graphics out of it.

I'll also be hooking this up to a 42" LCD TV .

how's overall DELL quality? i just want this till the core duo 2 with vista are available for 2007.

• 1 month later...
Guest Giaddon

I have a system a little worse than that:

-Inspiron 9300-

1.2 Gigs of Ram

1.6 Proccessor

Gforce 6800 Go

Everything else the same

Company of Heroes runs well at 1152x720, with 2x Antialiasing and 4x Antriscopy and ingame settings on medium (I could tweak these higher, but I like speed over beauty). FEAR runs great with ingame settings maxed, 1024x768, 2XAntialiasing and 4x Antialiasing. Those are the most graphically advanced games I play, and at those settings are smooth and very pretty. Your specs are better, so you can expect better performance. In terms of all those other aspects, I have only good things to say, excpect I will mention that my CD burning laser broke. I don't know if that was my bad luck or a systematic problem with the model: you might want to look around. DVDs burn great.

Don't know how much this helps you, but that's been my 9300 expereince!