LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Using the Official Forceware v84.63 with GeForce Go 7400

Guest Guest

Just the modded INF? I already downloaded the official 84.63 driver found on the link below.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_mobile_84.63.html

Ifr your card doesn't show up in the original Inf, you have to copy the modded Inf over the original.

(didn't bother to check, but aren't the official drivers just for go7800/7900?)

Just the modded INF? I already downloaded the official 84.63 driver found on the link below.

######... why would you want to play with exotic drivers when your OEM offers 84.69? What's wrong with Dell official driver?

There are a lot of people out there dreaming of having an OEM that releases drivers for their mobile GPUs... and they end up installing LV2Go drivers. Dell offers a very good driver that fully support your hardware... but you refuse to use it.

Dell only offers the 84.69 driver as an update on their "Drivers and Downloads" site. For your information, this driver does not work with my laptop (XPS M1210 w/256MB GeForce Go 7400), as NO game will launch.

Right now I'm using the 84.29 driver that came on the disc Dell shipped to me (and looking for a reliable update).

Ifr your card doesn't show up in the original Inf, you have to copy the modded Inf over the original.

(didn't bother to check, but aren't the official drivers just for go7800/7900?)

Yeah, I know I need to copy over the modded INF over the original. My question was do I need to download this: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/80series/8463.exe; instead of the official setup files from nvidia?

4 posts actualy :)

You can use the official nVidia files if you want but the one here has all the useless files removed so it's a smaller download.

Edited by The_Lead_Factor