LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help-video card latitude c810

Strickalator

:)

Greetings I came to this forum via the dell forums and from what i can see I am on the right track! Alot of good info here!

I have a question on what to do and the best way to do it for my

dell latitude c810 that i got on ebay for $200

I havent recieved it yet so I can only tell you that it has the following:

1.13 PIII-M

512MB Ram pc133 144 pin

32mb Geforce2 Go

1600X1200 LCD Screen

8X DVD Player/Floppy Drive

PCMCIA Linksys G wifi card

Windows XP Proffessional SP2 (im guess i need sp3 updated then?)

Cant tell you what bios it has yet but I am guessing i need the a12 for it?

But the real question is ...whats the best I can get that will work in this laptop?

and then what drivers should I get for it

and finally what other modifications and or tweaks should I do?

I hope someone here can help because I was excited to learn that these laptops are one of the ones that can change the video card among the dells (Inspiron 8100,8200/Latitude c800,c810,c840)

*edit* I found out also that the Quadro4 700 GoGl can also fit in the c810

and since I understand thats a better card than the geforce4 440 go my question is still now

What drivers do I use for the card? Any Suggestions I am guessing something in the 8X.XX series?

Edited by Strickalator

I know now how to change out the hardware thanks to bay wolf...but alas still now confused about drivers and tweaks and the best .inf adaptation for the c810

Edited by Strickalator

OK, it doesn't mention the C810, Assume it's the same as the C800 (only difference is 133 FSB added to C810)

So your almighty GF2go is as good as it gets.

I had one up until last month did me fine

The C810 are still good machines.

I've got a 512MB PC133 stick of RAM on NZ's auction site can ship to the US if your keen :)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=73207017

OK, it doesn't mention the C810, Assume it's the same as the C800 (only difference is 133 FSB added to C810)

So your almighty GF2go is as good as it gets.

I had one up until last month did me fine

The C810 are still good machines.

I've got a 512MB PC133 stick of RAM on NZ's auction site can ship to the US if your keen :)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=73207017

A guy in the dell forums told me the c800 c810 c840 all have the same mobo as the inspiron 8100/8200 hence they were easily able to change from a geforce2 to a geforce4 ...

I already have 256X2 pc133 ram for the system and alas the stepping on the thing doesnt allow it to go up to 1024 only the latitude c840 can but thats around $400 for that system vs the $200 i paid

The C800/810 and C840 have different motherboards. The C840/I8200/M50 all have a Pentium 4-M compatible (2.6 GHz max) motherboard and use DDR PC2100/PC2700 RAM up to 2 GB. The older C800 or C810 are Pentium 3-M compatible, and probably use slower RAM with a lower max capacity too.

I myself don't know the exact difference between the C800 and C810 (never bothered to research it), but both should be similar and support the same 440 Go graphics card.