LaptopVideo2Go Forums

go 7900 GS artifact

PerPixel

I think i got a case of bad gpu memory here... I got a inspiron 9400 laptop with a 7900 GO and after installing the Vista RC2 Drivers and playing game my display started flickering and windows crashed with a blue screen at some point. On reboot the screen was full of garbage and when loading vista it crashed again when loading nvidia drivers. Now i installed windows XP and I vga i still get the garbage and when i try to install the nvidia driver it just blue screen again and reboot. Seems like the memory is dead.

Anyone else as seen this? The laptop is 2 days old so I'll call tomorrow to return it.

There are issues with Vista, DX9c and the i9400.

I get all sorts of weird textures with anything DX9c in Vista.

In XP uninstall old driver, then run 'driver clean' (download it) in safe mode.

Reboot and install your original Dell driver or Download the one off the Dell website.

Now you are ready to try modded INFs and hopfully have a working machine again.

I dounbt the memory is broken on the Video Card.

2days I've had mine for 6 days now and I've already replaced the CPU over clocked the GPU to get the highest scores

What else can I do now.

There are issues with Vista, DX9c and the i9400.

I get all sorts of weird textures with anything DX9c in Vista.

In XP uninstall old driver, then run 'driver clean' (download it) in safe mode.

Reboot and install your original Dell driver or Download the one off the Dell website.

Now you are ready to try modded INFs and hopfully have a working machine again.

I dounbt the memory is broken on the Video Card.

2days I've had mine for 6 days now and I've already replaced the CPU over clocked the GPU to get the highest scores

What else can I do now.

The computer crash as soon as I access de graphic card so no way to install new driver. Only VGA mode work and I still get garbage while using it. Its not only in game that I see the garbage but all the time. I ran the Dell diagnostic tool on boot and its broken there also. I hope they can just send me a new card or I'll just send the system back for a refund. no way I wait a month for a repair on a system I got friday.

If your getting all those problems in VGA mode then something is wrong with the card most probably.