LaptopVideo2Go Forums

TI SD card reader driver for 2+ Gb cards?

erol

Many notebooks that use Ti for the built in card reader cannot read 4GB & 8GB (even 2GB) SD flash cards. This is a very resourceful bunch preserving out investment in the killer laptops. Does anyone here know what is up with TI and getting new drivers out of those guys?

Even Vista's latest driver still doesn't support the 4GB cards. We may end up with a dead end on our laptops. Any gurus here?

Cheers!

There might be some hardware limits to the reader itself.

Example: my digital camera (3 years old) uses FAT as storage... so I'm not sure if a 4Gb will work properly.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi,

Sorry to reply so late, just joined the forum. About the SD card thing, cards over 4gb (and some 4gb) are called SDHC (SD High Capacity).

Microsoft has a hotfix; the file name is:

WindowsXP-KB934428-v3-x86-ENU.exe

If you go to Microsoft's download page and in the SEARCH box type the KB934428 it should take you to the file.

As you can see from the file name it's for XP, not Vista. I don't know if there is one for Vista; try using the download SEARCH tool with something like:

SEARCH: hotfix SDHC memory card Vista

It's possible this fix won't work on every card reader; It worked for my HP dv5190 laptop with XP Pro SP2.

Hope this helps.

PopTart

Edited by PopTart