LaptopVideo2Go Forums

z71v vga problems

Guest saskuatch

Guest saskuatch

I recently damaged my z71v screen and decided to use vga out, now once i plug in the monitor to the notebook I can see that the drivers recognize the moniter and I can even change monitor's resolution except the monitor screen stays black, it has no picture whatsoever. I tried multiple drivers for the 6600 go but I get the same problem with them all.

To be sure of what you don't bring new problems with the modded driver... do your external monitor driver tests with your OEM last official driver.

I went to the official asus site and tried the OEM drivers and still same problem, computer recognizes monitor i can even change the monitors resolution and refresh rate from the settings except its just a black screen with no picture.

Fn + F8 switches between display on just your notebook screen, just external screen, and both. If you're getting a black screen, hitting Fn + F8 should move your output to the external monitor.

Fn + F8 switches between display on just your notebook screen, just external screen, and both. If you're getting a black screen, hitting Fn + F8 should move your output to the external monitor.

I went to a computer store and the guy said there is probably a problem with the vga out port, no driver issues, topic over