LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Testing programs

Byrds6

What is a good system ram testing program that will stress it to make sure its good as well as a Video card testing program to check its stability as well? I am attempting to test both of these pieces of hardware to make sure they arent faulty and causing my crashings in an online game.

For testing RAM, I like Windows Memory Diagnostic.

For testing your video card and basic system stability, 3Dmark is good.

For testing just the system, not RAM or video card, Prime95 is the best. Prime95 is the favorite utility for CPU overclockers, as it maximizes CPU load. To ensure system stability, run it for a couple of hours (to generate enough heat, which might cause the system to crash).

Edited by Lych

i found memtest86 for the ram. hope its good enough to say the ram isnt faulty. as for the vid. That will only bench it. I need something thats gonna really stress the vid card to make sure nothing is wrong with it. I can run eq2 from 15m to 2 days and before crashes happen so they are totally random.

Edited by Byrds6

If you can run as long as 2 days... it means one thing... the problem is likely software based.

Yes I realise this but I would rather prove this to myself that it is not my hardware so its completely ruled out. Have to start in the easiest spot troubleshooting the issue and ruling out those is easier than ruling out the software thats running.