LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Cannot update nvidia driver

Gleaming Sword

Hello, this looks like a good forum. Anyway I have tried to update my laptop graphic chip by using mod inf files. But when I download the drivers e.g 81.85 it download a exe or wizard type file. which means I cannot replace the original inf file with the new modified one.

I tried downloading the latest driver 90 something and I did manage to replace that ini file with the modified ones. But the new ini file was not compatible with my card. So I did a bit of tweaking myself to try and get it to work. This time it did work, but after restarting my computer my laptop still showed me using the original drivers even though I installed the newest version.

Maybe I used to late a drivers because my card is fairly old in computing terms. Is the 90 version to new to be used on nvidia 5000 series?

Thanks for the site, I will try the 70 version, but I do not see any dwonloads for the 70 version. The site lists a 70 inf files but not the actual driver download. There are downloads for many computer models but mine is not listed. Which one do I choose?

Thanks for any help

For the FX series I always got the best results with 67.02, but the 7x.xx drivers are good too.