LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help me fix those ###### dpcs

DasFlo

Hey all,

my Laptop has recently started having idle cpu loads of up to 25%.

Since I also recently upgraded my drivers, I suspect that there might be some correlation.

I therefore intend to try some other drivers, currently I'm using 93.71.

Are there any drivers that are known to offer good compatibility AND performance with the 6600go?

Specs:

P-M 1,6

1gig Ram

6600go

some crappy Motherboard that can't even be identified by everrest and that my even more crappy manufacturer (nexoc, same model as cebop) doesn't offer an upgraded bios for.

Thanks

Open up your task manager and look at what process is using the CPU.

Open up your task manager and look at what process is using the CPU.

Erm... sorry, I should have been clearer on that one.

Well, opening the taskmanager and trying to find out what's going on with it was obviously the first thing I did.

While standard windows taskmanager gave me no information of any value, a third party tool did.

The cpu load is created by so called defered procedure calls.

Using the tool kernrate (part of the Windows ressource kit) I could identify "hal (hardware abstraction layer) as the evildoer.

I even zoomed in on that module (kernrate -z "modulname", if you're interested), but couldn't gather any more useful information (at least not for me).

With that out of the way, how about some recommendations for a different driver?