LaptopVideo2Go Forums

laptopvideo2go serves up 1TB+ of drivers for the month

mobilenvidia

Just got an email from Godaddy to say we have broken the 1TB (1000GB) limit I set only a few months ago from 500GB.

This came as a surprise to me, as this means we've grown about 400GB in just over a month.

No need to worry as the account is getting enlarged so no loss of service.

But we have broken 1TB, will be a while before any other major records are broken, but I never envisaged this amount of drivers being served up.

Thats all, go about your business, nothing to see here :)

[uPDATE 6th Dec 2006]

Hmmm, in my attempt to update to the premium acccount @ Godaddy I got a total checkout fee of $0.26 for the upgrade. (I assume for the 1 day left in the current billing month)

I try to pay this happily, but Godaddy won't process orders less than $1 :)

I try to add a cheap domain name, but this won't add to the total, I try to pay some extra months and this also won't add to the total.

The Total is stuck on $0.26 and godaddy won't allow me to pay it.

Now the next day (6th) above is 5th, the account is now in to the new billing period.

But I still cannot get the 'Premium Plan' upgrade to go over $0.26, and nothing else will add to the shopping cart.

To make matters worse I get a $113 bill for the 57GB that we were over the 1TB, this if I could help it would be fine.

BUT I tried to fix it before it got this big and Godaddy won't allow me to pay a bill that would have fixed it.

So for the sake of $0.74c it cost the webiste $113, and now I still can't upgrade the account.

Hmmm, do I need to change to another host, as $1.99/GB is awfully expensive.

Anywho as you can tell I'm a little peaved and will remove this once Godaddy comes to an arrangement.

I have emailed them , a mssion in it's self.

Lets see what happens, can't afford to go over 1TB with current plan.

[uPDATE #2]

Got a quick email back from Matt @ Godaddy a very nice chap, we have the shpping cart sorted.

And have now upgraded the account to the Premium one, so we now have 2TB of BW to play with.

So now hopefully Godaddy can come to the party and refund some $$.

Quite impressed with GD's email support.

John Doe trying a new driver:

- downloads the driver once.

- runs the installer... it doesn't work.

- downloads the driver again in case it got corrupted. Which is not necessary since the 7Zip has an integrity check. (I guess)

- runs the installer... again... and it fails again.

- logs on the forum and complain about the pesky driver... receive an answer about the Have disk thingy.

- downloads the driver for the third time.

- follows the Have disk procedure but fails.

- goes back angry to the forums. And manage to learn that there is a modded INF file.

- exchanges a bunch of post to locate the so called modded INF.

- downloads the driver for the forth time and its modded INF for the first time.

- runs the installer and it works.

Unfortunately John Doe has the memory span of a goldfish on meth... and he goes back to square one the next time he'll need a driver. :)

Luckily for us then that only the Drivers and NFO files are on the Godaddy server and everything else is on the 'The Planet' server.

You are correct though in your analysis of the Average Joe's 1st driver experience :)

But we we're all average Joe's once :)

Is it only me, but since we changed to GoDaddy any driver download .EXE starts and then halts at about 20% :) (standard Save As with IE6). Plus the download rate is only 150-200 KB/s. I then have to abort and redownload again.

Drivers download fine for me, not as fast s they used to be.

But the The Planet account was set to 1TB limit, we have broken this broken this only wth drivers.

The website/forums is not included in that figure.

We have grown too big for our boots.

Is it only me, but since we changed to GoDaddy any driver download .EXE starts and then halts at about 20% :) (standard Save As with IE6). Plus the download rate is only 150-200 KB/s. I then have to abort and redownload again.

®®®, I was downloading 8469 today with Opera and it stucked two times, once at about %18, once at about %22. This was the only driver I tried after a long time (just downloaded a Vista driver last week but it was without any problem).

It happens to me all the time. Sometimes after 5%, most times between 15% and 20%

If that happens to others too, that may be the reason for the enormous BW growth (besides the normal 10% grow per month)

Same here... with Firefox 2.0... I tried the Vista 32 bits driver 97.34.

Classic download stalled after 10%.

Thru DownThemAll the download accelerator extension it worked as advertised. The file was OK, the 7Unzipper worked.

Same here as I downloaded 97.28 4 days ago... Didn't even think about it, just began a new download which went succesfully.

The Planet 97.28 driver test

IE6 = 25KB/s

Getrght = Doesn;t work :)

Godaddy 97.28 driver test

IE6 = 20KB/

Getright = 90KB/s

The above are 2 links linking directly to the drivers on the server using the FTP address (bypassing the redirect)

For some reason the direct link to The Planet server with Getright doesn't work.

Give this a try and see what you guys get (not just speed but is the download stopping problem here.

1st link downloaded at 750 KB/s

2nd at about 630 KB/s

Neither stopped.

I used plain IE6 "Save as" dialog and that'S where it happens. No clue if GetRight has problem, but i can test at this when i'm at work.

97.28 downloads correct from GoDaddy this time (from home) :) Was something changed?

The Planet 97.28 driver test

IE6 = 25KB/s

Getrght = Doesn;t work :)

IP was wrong (181 instead of 182)

Second test (from work) for GoDaddy also succesfull. It works now without halting at 5-20% :) What changed?

I used plain IE6 "Save as" dialog and that'S where it happens. No clue if GetRight has problem, but i can test at this when i'm at work.

97.28 downloads correct from GoDaddy this time (from home) :) Was something changed?

Nothing changed except the server size has grown to 200GB and Bandwidth changed to 2TB

This was instantaneous so I doubt we're on a new server, just bgger HD space.

The Planet Driver server is '181' NOT 182 this is the main server for the forum

BUT the drivers are redirected from 181 to either the GD server or 182 I'm not sure which.

So if you use the 181 in the address this will work but I'm not sure which server it directs to.

Still the same phenomena. Example:

First try to download 9719_vista.exe stopped at 11% (IE6 rightclick SaveAs), second try: all normal. I think GoDaddy should doublecheck their config as we pay for tremendous bandwith growth which is apparantly caused by bad config :)

Given the spectrum of browsers (IE, Opera and Firefox) and ISP (almost worldwide)... I point my finger at GoDaddy.

They are likely to be the cause of the problem... even the 11MB Linux drivers are stuck at 10%.