LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Samsung X15 Plus Video Problem

Guest Shekky

My laptop's video completely hosed up 10 minutes ago. I was surfing a website when it went into BSOD and stated nv4_disp was causing an issue. Then the screen completely corrupted and began flickering. It's doing this everytime I start the laptop up now.

The laptop is a Samsung X15 Plus using a Geforce FX 5200 Go. No luck though. When I went into the properties of the VGASave, under Resources tab, it said in the Conflicting Device List -

Input/Output Range 03B0 - 03BB used by:

Intel ® 82855PM Processor to AGP Controller - 3341

Input/Output Range 03C0 - 03DF used by:

Input/Output Range 000A0000 - 000BFFFF used by:

Even though there was heavy flickering and corruption I could still see vaguely where my mouse is, so I decided to uninstall my Nvidia drivers (don't remember what version no. 76.11 maybe). That didn't work so I disabled hardware accel/write combining. which also didn't work. I started getting desperate by this point so, still able to see what I was doing, downloaded the newest X15 plus BIOS (07BK), newest Intel chipset for my laptop (6.2.1.1001) and installed them. BIOS flash worked fine but no fix. After the chipset install, the screen is now completely black except for patches of flickering. I know the OS is running and working though, as I can open the start menu and shutdown the laptop through Windows, using the keyboard.

So what is going on? Is the gfx card? Processor? Doesn't look like something a format would fix. Someone mentioned manually setting the IRQ for the graphics card but I have no knowledge on how to do this, and I won't be able to see what to do either. I'm more worried about data than the laptop but I should be able to take out the HDD and hook it as a slave drive through a IDE cable, right? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

You say is starts flashing as soon as you turn on the computer... this is not good news.

It sounds like you killed your graphics card.

You say is starts flashing as soon as you turn on the computer... this is not good news.

It sounds like you killed your graphics card.

Oh crap. Yeah. I don't suppose the X15 plus have an incredibly easy and intuitive system for replacing the graphics card, do they? Failing that, how much would I expect a replacement to cost if I took it to a computer shop?

The entry level GPU are usually soldered to the motherboard for cost saving reasons... which means that if you need to replace the video card, you'll need to replace the motherboard.