LaptopVideo2Go Forums

LV2go Hosting

mobilenvidia

There seems to be some confushion of the earlier post of we're going over 1TB of Bandwidth in driver downloads.

We are not struggling for space or bandwith at this point in time, but thanks for those offering their server bandwidth to help us out.

The issue was, I under estimated the popularity of the drivers.

Originally we had the drivers on 'The Planet server' where we also have the website etc, I setup the Godaddy server about a year ago to have a backup of the drivers should things turn pear shaped.

Now 'The Planet' server was limited to 1TB Bandwidth, and the total month before last was 600GB.

I decided in October to make the Godaddy server the main driver server and take the pressure of 'The Planet' server.

This last month we have gone from about 500GB of driver downloads to just over 1TB, this is a huge jump.

I have now upgraded to the Premium account from Godaddy and this gives us 2TB of Bandwidth.

Hopefully this will last us a little while, but 500GB per month growth will make life a little more awkward.

Should this eventuate I can easily setup up another Godaddy account and use this space (as we're now on the biggest Bandwidth account @ Godaddy)

Now if any of you guys would like to help us out a 'The Planet' sponsored account with oodles of Bandwidth would be much appreciated.

So if you wondering what to do with a spare IP, 10GB space and 2TB of Bandwidth let me know.

I'll use it up :)

I hope this explains things a bit better, we were never in danger of going off air, but I must keep a closer eye on the Godaddy server as $1.99 per GB over is very costly.

Not being helped by Godaddy not being able to process orders less than $1 ($8 upgrade divided by 30) and their shopping cart refusing work.

SO it means you could make use of some space to host files and share the load? :)

Godaddy might be in trouble as their IPO failed. The next step up would be a dedicated server (stay away from virtual dedicated). You might want to take a look at www.1and1.com For $20 a month, you get a 2.5TB Monthly Transfer Volume on their developer plan.

Edited by Lych

• 2 weeks later...

or the Coral network...

http://www.coralcdn.org/

Are you tired of clicking on some link from a web portal, only to find that the website is temporarily off-line because thousands or millions of other users are also trying to access it? Does your network have a really low-bandwidth connection, such that everyone, even accessing the same web pages, suffers from slow downloads? Have you ever run a website, only to find that suddenly you get hit with a spike of thousands of requests, overloading your server and possibly causing high monthly bills? If so, CoralCDN might be your free solution for these problems!