LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v97.46 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA, DELL, SONY, HP/COMPAQ

mobilenvidia

3 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

^wow... that IS weird... why do you have such a monster laptop if you game on your desktop BTW??? wouldn't it have been better to buy a thinner & lighter laptop?

True, but at the time Dell had 750 of 2k coupons, and I wanted a 7 series, and I thought I would be on the move and would have to sell everything including my desktop, etc.

I looked at thinner laptops (fujitsu lifebooks), but I always have been picky about the videocard/cpu combo.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bedrock

• Jeroen

• mobilenvidia

• Benny0583

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FYI, The Vista 9746 drivers (dated Dec 18 06) on now on Windows update as a Microsoft driver now, even for all the NVidia GO laptop variations. You can do a windows update and get the "official" version from Nvidia/MS.

Really?

Mine says 'No new updates are available for your computer.' and I have the MS WDDM 96.86 driver installed :)

--

bedrock

Really?

Mine says 'No new updates are available for your computer.' and I have the MS WDDM 96.86 driver installed :)

--

bedrock

Maybe it is only for certain cards? I have a go 7900 in my dell XPS 1710 and it downloaded it when I checked for updates this morning.

Definitely looks like certain cards only, maybe even only 7900, the update is showing on my work PC, which has 7900 GS

--

bedrock

First, the update wasn't available for me, too.

I booted into safe-mode, deinstalled my vga-adapter (including activation option to delete driver files), let windows install the 96.86-drivers out of the box, booted back into normal mode and Windows Update offered me the new driver.

Regards,

Benny

I've recieved the update, see the attachment.

so it shoudn't be a 7900 only update :)

post-2796-1166683824_thumb.jpg

:) I still have no windows update for this

If anyone with the 0398 DeviceID has this Windows Update can you please tell me

Maybe is because windows does not install the driver itself, i have to go to Show All Drivers, and select the 96.86 manually to install that

--

bedrock

Did you try this?

I booted into safe-mode, deinstalled my vga-adapter (including activation option to delete driver files), let windows install the 96.86-drivers out of the box, booted back into normal mode and Windows Update offered me the new driver.

Yes i did try that, but it didn't help me, i guess i just have to wait....

--

bedrock

Hmm...installing the official windows update driver kills the nvidia control panel...thats no good...

Guess its back to the unofficial one for now.

:) Drivers working well for me, thanks fellas

Hmm...installing the official windows update driver kills the nvidia control panel...thats no good...

Guess its back to the unofficial one for now.

On further inspection, I noticed that the Nvidia control panel is still available and functioning if you access it from the Windows control panel. I guess the Microsoft driver simply removed the link to the Nvidia panel from the right click options on the desktop.

With my laptop and video card, this driver doesn't have multiple monitor support (display properties SEES the display, but enabling/extending does nothing). Glass also doesn't run.

An update on this, I rebooted this morning, and I had glass running for a couple minutes before it switched back to the "normal" Aero style.

When Microsoft is taunting the end users... Hey this is what you should have if you had a PC matching the minimum specs for Aero Glass. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Did I miss something, or did it take nVidia take up to three weeks to post these on there site ?

I just read about them on a dutch news site (tweakers.net), looked at the nVidia page, where it says these were released today...

Is this a re-release (like that happened with some other drivers) or are they really this slow ? :)

anyway, started playing with Vista on my laptop a few days ago, guess I'll have these ones a test drive as the boot flickering is quite irritating!

Did I miss something, or did it take nVidia take up to three weeks to post these on there site ?

I just read about them on a dutch news site (tweakers.net), looked at the nVidia page, where it says these were released today...

Is this a re-release (like that happened with some other drivers) or are they really this slow ? :)

anyway, started playing with Vista on my laptop a few days ago, guess I'll have these ones a test drive as the boot flickering is quite irritating!

Hi Jeroen,

I have Sony Vaio FE21S with same GeForce Go 7600 (same subsys id also), but on my laptop, all newer drivers apart from the 9686 that get's installed by default caus a problem with display going off when i close lid, and not coming back on when i open lid :)

Can you let me know hoe you get on with your laptop, as now nVidia have released 9746 i was going to try upgrading again

--

bedrock

At the moment, I'm using 96.85 under Vista, which works quite well, though I didn't test any games, because I just have none, and video playback is rather quite low quality (guess the VMR fix will make this good again).

I will test these drivers later on today and will let you know how things went!

On the other hand, did you mange to install the Fn-key driver and stuff ? As the Fn key isn't doing anything here, so I can't adjust the brightness and stuff... tried to install all needed XP drivers, but that didn't do a thing.. Also my S1 and S2 buttons aren't working... Volume buttons are recognized automatically by all OS'es I've tested (XP-Vista-OSX).

Jeroen.

None of my Fn keys work either :)

But i think it just means we have to wait for Sony to update the drivers, on the Club Vaio forums they say they wont release Vista driver until Vista is available to consumers, but that is only 24 days now, so hopefully at end on Jan we will have support for Fn keys in Vista

--

bedrock

oké

I hadn't got the time to test the drivers, but I will do it one of these days (maybe today)

I will be switching to Vista after my exams, which start next week and end up at the beginning of february :)

then there propably will be drivers available! The audio driver is available already, which fixed incompability problems with my docking station, using standard drivers caused vista to not recognize my dock...

Tested these and I've got the same problem, will use another working version :)

redone the first post thread with new LV2GO Driver Template (plus added changelog info as driver was released officially on 5th of Jan.)

I have a Dell Precision M90 with a nVidia Quadro FX2500 and I'm trying to install the latest drivers (97.46) from Nvidia. The laptop is running Windows Vista Business. I keep running into this message saying that the drivers are only for Windows Vista, but that's exactly what I've got. The driver setup program then refuses to continue.

Has anyone come up with that or know of a solution? Maybe a different set of drivers?

Thanks.