LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Weirdest Problem ever! :( toshiba p105-s9722 severe slowdown

madonion

Hi all.

i just bought a toshiba p105-s9722.

2ghz core2duo.

2gig ram.

200gig hdd.

nvidia 7900 go 256mb running 87.08 drivers.

Did a clean factory reinstall of windows.

First the problem. When i try to play games like Unreal tournament 2004. it ran perfect like once or twice, the rest of the time it will go so slow that even at the menu my mouse cursor lags :) . But 9 out of 10 its so slow i cant get into the game.

Sometimes i can game at 1440X900 all smooth 20 players LIKE THE SYSTEM SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY AT!

I have no idea whats wrong. I do wonder if either the cpu or gpu downclocks? i installed a nvtemp and my gpu temp is 55c. and my cpu is 51c.

My bios is 2.40 the latest. can i update my nvidia card?

another weird thing is windows is doing my power savings and i cant install the toshiba power saver program.

help me!

Edited by madonion

Is your GPU 55C idling? Run a game, get it to slow down, then check the temperature.

It sounds like overheating, but you're not the only person with a P105 that is experiencig slowdowns... Could be a BIOS problem or just an issue with the computer...?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BIOS Problems
Is your GPU 55C idling? Run a game, get it to slow down, then check the temperature.

It sounds like overheating, but you're not the only person with a P105 that is experiencig slowdowns... Could be a BIOS problem or just an issue with the computer...?

The Toshiba Legacy-free BIOS seems to have multiple problems. I have purchased two P105 machines and returned them both due to BIOS problems within three days of purchase...and they were really nice loking machines