LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Xbox 360 HD DVD Drive with Geforce Go 7200

robneal81

Hello all,

I just bought the newest version of Power DVD that supports the Xbox 360 HD DVD drive. I installed the software, installed the drive and tried playing an HD DVD and it said my system didn't meet the minimum requirements. It claims I need the NVIDIA Beta forceware drivers that support HD DVD's. I downloaded it, but it said the driver doesn't support my graphics card.

Has anyone gotten the HD DVD drive to work on a Geforce Go 7200? Anyone tried a modded INF added to the "92.91_forceware" BETA drivers?

Specs:

HP DV2000t notebook

2.0GHz Core Duo Processor

1GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7200 Graphics card

From PowerDVD requirements I see 3 glitches:

• your CPU barely pass the minimum requirements.
  • your GPU is way below the minimum requirements.
  • I'm not sure if it locks the use on a laptop but I doubt that your laptop is HDCP compliant.

From PowerDVD requirements I see 3 glitches:
  • your CPU barely pass the minimum requirements.
  • your GPU is way below the minimum requirements.
  • I'm not sure if it locks the use on a laptop but I doubt that your laptop is HDCP compliant.

The CPU is fast enough.

The GPU isn't fast enough to run at 1080p, but should be fine at the highest non-HDCP allowed resolution, which I believe is 540p.

Non-HDCP graphics cards can still use HD DVD or Blu-Ray drives, but at a limitation of 540p (I think....if it's not 540p, than it's something close).

Has anyone tried added Geforce Go 7200 support to the desktop INF?