LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Laptop advice please

Paddy

Hi there.

I am looking to purchase a laptop to replace my desktop. I don't expect much from the laptop, and i certainly don't want a true desktop replacement.

I don't know much about the mobility/GeForce Go series, but it would be nice to have an improvement over my current ATI 9700Pro card.

Having looked at notebooks in the sub £900 range, it seems that the 14" notebooks come with quite old GPUs (6150-7200). Some of the newer HPs look to have a better build quality than the usual tosh they throw out, but I can't help but wonder if there is something else.

I would stretch to 15" if it would result in a better experience.

As far as games are concerned, well I dont really play them. But you know, it's always nice to have the option!

I know that you guys rate the Asus notebooks, and although I have never seen one in the flesh, they dont look that aesthetically pleasing!

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

cheers.

Edited by Paddy

Have a look at ASUS, they make very tasty 14" lappies with go7600/7700 's

Here is a good example of one.

I second the ASUS here. As for graphics, the 7600 would be nice, but I'd say a 7300 or a 7400 would work for what you're using it for.

Reading that last bit again, that was horrible sentence structure...