LaptopVideo2Go Forums

WTH - no game play possible!go6400TC

ap10046

I have been playing around a bit with the drivers on my lappy..and now no game will play..HL2 will blue screen, COD2 will hang and give me a black screen. MOH SP and BT will give me that sh***y box, either "MFC has encoutered a problem needs to close" or "Sp/BT has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I have used driver cleaner 10 times, i have uninstalled and tried every driver from 77.43 to the 97.92 forceware and all the same..91.37 seems to be ok on HL but nothing else..I have OC'ed and UC'ed but nothing...currently running 84.12, but my card seems to think its a 6500??? what's going on here..i'm stumped.....

Screen shot of my nvidia control panel..

I cant see myself, changing drivers every time i want to play MOH..I am a huge huge WWII fan and none of my games seem to play now..

post-2130-1169120643_thumb.jpg

I'm sure someone will come up with a better or more technically clever answer than this one, but...if you're running Windows XP use your system restore function to take your computer back to a point before it got all katywumpas (technical term for f****d up). If that doesn't work you may be forced to reformat and reinstall windows from either your manufacturer's recovery disk or the Window retail disk.

As far as what is causing that random of a problem. Heck if I have a clue. I've always had pretty decent luck messing with my drivers, but have resorted to system restore when I've gone too far.

Good luck!

Edited by canismagnus

I'm sure someone will come up with a better or more technically clever answer than this one, but...if you're running Windows XP use your system restore function to take your computer back to a point before it got all katywumpas (technical term for f****d up). If that doesn't work you may be forced to reformat and reinstall windows from either your manufacturer's recovery disk or the Window retail disk.

As far as what is causing that random of a problem. Heck if I have a clue. I've always had pretty decent luck messing with my drivers, but have resorted to system restore when I've gone too far.

Good luck!

Hi and thanks for the response.

I took your advice and formatted and reinstalled windows..back to stock 77.43 drivers..MOH started working ok. HL2 so-so. Really worried to try anything else...

Thanks for the advice but where would i get an indepthish solution to this headache

Cheers