LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Game Profile Enhancer v2.1.1 out

®®®

Martin took his time (17 BETAs in about 1 year) and has now released another stable build of his high quality tool nHancer for gamers and NVIDIA enthusiasts. Don't be confused with the name as LaptopVideo2Go also offers a tool called Enhancer which is unique, too, but a website-driven automatic INF creator to fix a dozen of well-known problems for laptop users with built-in NVIDIA GPU. This includes the infamous TOSHiBA BlackBar phenomena, which got solved by us already about 2 years ago and helped countless GeForce 4 Go 4xx owners.

For those new to modding and to get a clue what the NVIDIA Game Profile Enhancement tool "nHancer" is about, here's a short introduction:

nVidia's own control panel is not always very intuitive to use. Especially the 3D rendering settings are very cryptic and difficult to navigate. Even the new control panel introduced with the 9x.xx line of Forceware drivers isn't a real improvements for these problems.

nHancer is a tool to improve the usage of these features. Both normal and advanced users should find nHancer to be a big step forward.

Additionally, nVidia drivers include a unique feature, that allows them to define profiles for every game, which control various image quality, compatibility and optimization aspects. But in the standard control panel, this feature is even more cryptic to use, so most people never bothered about it.

Changelog/Release Notes

Version 2.1.1
  • Added Forceware 100.x and Vista compatibility
  • Added a check for administrator privileges. nHancer won?t run without those anymore, and gives a detailed message how to activate this under Vista.
  • Changed the SLI 16x mode for G80 cards (using SLI). It?s working now and is equivalent to the normal 8x mode (4x MS + 8x CS) with an additional 2x SLI SS component.
  • Added a new SLI 32xQ mode for G80 cards (using SLI). It is equivalent to the normal 16xQ mode (8x MS + 16x CS) with an additional 2x SLI SS component.
  • Added command line option "/ignoreDriver" which disables the check for the currently active driver and driver version. Be careful: If you use this option, nHancer won?t be able to identify the driver and some driver version dependent features might not work correctly!
  • Replaced the German term "anisotropisch" with the correct term "anisotrop" (thanks to aths!)

Version 2.1.0

• First official release of version 2.x

Version 2.0 Beta 17

• Added new command line options:
    - /allowOverride ? Activates the menu item "Options->Allow override of predefined options". This is meant for advanced users, who never want to get a warning when they try to change a option which is predefined by nVidia.
    - /forceSingle, /forceSLI, /forceQuad ? Overrides the detection in nHancer and forces nHancer to assume that there is a single card, SLI, or OuadSLI configuration respectively. This can be useful if the detection fails for some reason or for testing nHancer?s options and layout in each of those cases.
  • Added check to avoid that nHancer is started twice.
  • The warning for Color Profiles (which can no longer be created with the new nVidia control panel) is now only shown if "Show experimental modes" is not selected and the user is using a 96.x+ driver.
  • The option "Anisotropic filter optimization" is now only shown for pre 96-drivers or if "Show experimental modes" is selected. It has been removed from nVidia's control panel as well and doesn't seem to have any effect anymore.
  • The entry "prevent_cpl_aa" in nvapps.xml was previously used by nVidia to disable driver enforced AA entirely for a certain game. The previous versions of nHancer listed that option as "NoDriverAA". In the latest Forceware versions, the same option only disables overriding the game's AA request. Enhancing the in-game AA setting is still allowed. nHancer now interprets it just like the nVidia control panel does, i.e. you can still activate AA in those profiles, but the "enhance in-game AA" cannot be deactivated.
  • Added help texts for all options that were missing them.
  • Added german translation for various options and help texts.
  • When reopening nHancer from its tray icon, the profile that was selected previously is now reselected and the list is scrolled correctly to show that profile again.
  • Corrected some minor problems when using larger DPI settings on the desktop
  • Bugfix: Previously, when deleting all SLI profiles (either during startup or after the user has selected the menu entry), profiles which just disabled driver AA or driver AF were also deleted.
  • Bugfix: The icon at VSync has been changed to "Auto", since VSync seems to work fine with the current drivers, even for D3D games.

The latest build is always available @ www.nHancer.com.

Hi,

Great looking app but I have a problem getting it to work. 7400go, forceware 97.44 w/ laptopvideo2go inf, previous drivers cleaned with driver cleaner. The error says:

The currently active display driver ('nv4_disp') is not compatible with nHancer. Only nVidia Forceware versions 6x.xx and later are supported!

My previous driver was official hp 86.38, but I'm pretty sure I cleaned it correctly.

nv4_disp.dll - date modified: 12/4/2006

I have a problem running it, too. It crashes with the following error:

"Error reading XML file 'C:\Windows\system32\nvapps.xml': There is an error in XML document (1885, 5)."

That position in the file is the closing "</PROFILESET>" tag and the document validates just fine.

Hi,

Great looking app but I have a problem getting it to work. 7400go, forceware 97.44 w/ laptopvideo2go inf, previous drivers cleaned with driver cleaner. The error says:

The currently active display driver ('nv4_disp') is not compatible with nHancer. Only nVidia Forceware versions 6x.xx and later are supported!

My previous driver was official hp 86.38, but I'm pretty sure I cleaned it correctly.

nv4_disp.dll - date modified: 12/4/2006

I hav the exact same prob. i also use a go 7400 and get that same error. my driver version is 91.47