LaptopVideo2Go Forums

refresh rate?

davereno

I installed one of the drivers on this site for my geforce go 7300 but it wouldnt show what refresh rates my monitor would suport and wouldnt suport so i roll back the driver and checked and its telling me i can get 100 refresh rate at 1280x800 resulution.. being a lcd screen i thought that wasnt possible i tried it and it seems to work fine im just curious if anyone knows if using that refresh rate would have a negative afect on my laptop screen in the long run. I like playing games with 100 refresh but im unaware if its bad for my screen or not.

Generally it's a very bad idea to run at a refresh rate higher than what the monitor supports. Will it kill your monitor though? I don't know. Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

Edited by smax

Generally it's a very bad idea to run at a refresh rate higher than what the monitor supports. Will it kill your monitor though? I don't know. Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

hmm well im not exactly sure if it is suported or not :S when i check the box that says show only modes this monitor suports it shows59 60 75 85 and 100 for that paticular resolution, but i always thought lcds could only get 75 refresh rate, even tho it shows it as a selectable refresh rate could it still be harmfull?

For the most part, LCDs are 60Hz, maybe 75Hz on a couple. Again, I wouldn't risk it but I'm not sure.

Did you check the "Show unsupported resolutions" or something?

For the most part, LCDs are 60Hz, maybe 75Hz on a couple. Again, I wouldn't risk it but I'm not sure.

Did you check the "Show unsupported resolutions" or something?

no i checked show suported resolutions only, when i dont check that it shows refresh rates up to 200, I have a fairly new multimedia laptop is it possible that it is actually capable of 100hz. I think ill go with your advice tho and leave it at 75hz