LaptopVideo2Go Forums

What generates more heat?

dgeraghty

I'm trying to strike a balance between the clock settings and the heat produced because my card has been overheating ALOT lately with the stock settings of 450/1080 on my go6800 Ultra, and I was wondering what would be generating more heat the Core or Memory clocks?

As a side question is the memory clock of 1080 as a stock setting a bit high for the 6800 Ultra and could that be responsible for all of my overheating problems?

Thanks

I'm trying to strike a balance between the clock settings and the heat produced because my card has been overheating ALOT lately with the stock settings of 450/1080 on my go6800 Ultra, and I was wondering what would be generating more heat the Core or Memory clocks?

As a side question is the memory clock of 1080 as a stock setting a bit high for the 6800 Ultra and could that be responsible for all of my overheating problems?

Thanks

The core generates the most heat. Don`t forget the coils on the board, they get hot too.

Just because memory doesn't generate a whole lot of heat isn't a reason to overclock it a lot though... RAM likes to commit suicide randomly at higher clocks than it was designed for.

I used to have that overheating problem.........so i flashed my keyboard bios....now i can overclock up to 490/1120.......runs nice, only problem is that it kills the card alot faster......i'll say about 4 months or so after i overclocked they had to send me a new card.......didn't cost me anything :)

I don't advise you to flash it unless you're sure though