LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell M50 for gaming?

johnarthur

Well, spoke to the company today and they are going to replace the machine with one that has the 700 card in it. I am happy they are exchanging it, just hate that I have to wait a little longer!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this has definately been an adventure. The original M50 I bought had the Quadro500 series in it. I returned it to the seller who was supposed to send me a machine with the correct 700series in it. Unfortunately, they didn't have one so I was refunded my money. I searched for a M50 everywhere with no luck.

I finally found an 8200 with the ATI card in it and decided that it was prob going to be my best option. I order it and just prior to shipping, the seller tells me the video card has gone out in it and, once again, my money is refunded.

Finally, I broaden my search and find out the 9100s are price just slightly higher than the M50s/8200s. So, I picked up a really stout 9100 with the ATI 9700 128mb card in it for less than $100 more than what most of these people were asking for the m50/8200 (some of these people are REALLY proud of their M50s/8200s).

I am kinda bummed because I wanted a laptop in which the parts were compatible with my current C840, I just couldn't validate spending the same the same amount of money on a 8200/M50 as I would a 9100.

Luckily, this thing is pretty much loaded as far as proc, RAM so the only thing I will have to buy will be a DVD burner.

I guess I will be off to the ATI board:(.....but I guess I can still drop by for my 840 questions!