LaptopVideo2Go Forums

No external display when using dell port replicator

NvidiaNoob

I tried installing the latest? forceware drivers 97.92 on my Dell D620. Now whenever my laptop is docked in the dell port replicator (laptop screen is closed), I lose my external monitor display just after the "Windows XP" loading screen disappears during boot up phase. If I open the screen lid on my laptop the laptop display is working fine - I can even use the FN & external monitor keys to force the display onto the external monitor but as soon as I close my laptop screen lid down the external monitor goes blank again.

Laptop screen works fine when laptop undocked and reports correct version of driver installed (97.92). I have rolled back to the latest Dell drivers for now and all is working again. Anyone suggest why this happens and what I can do about it?

One thing I noticed is with the dell drivers the graphics card is referred to as Nvidia Quadro NVS 110M but after installing forceware 97.92 it is referred to as Geforce Go 7300 or something like that - this normal?

Thanks

Edited by NvidiaNoob