LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Inspiron 8500 with Geforce FX GO5650...

Arkanine

Whats the best driver I could use for performance I play World Of Warcraft and my driver seems to have fallen behind a bit.I have a Geforce FX Go 5650 with 2GB of memory.Whats the best performance related driver I can use?? I am currently useing 84.21 but it still seems a but choppy sometimes even with my settings turned down...I have tried some other 90 series drivers but for some reason they crash my system..anybody have any advice??

Edited by Arkanine

You can except diminishing performance with 9.x drivers with such an old card - even later 8.x is overkill for a card designed for 5.x drivers. But if some game does need a newer driver, you just have to test them. My go6800 seems happiest with 83.x - 87.x drivers, newer ones give nothing.

My FX Go5600 was happiest with 67.02, but all of the 67.xx drivers are good. 67.66 is the best according to some.

My FX Go5600 was happiest with 67.02, but all of the 67.xx drivers are good. 67.66 is the best according to some.

my framerates are choppy with the 84.21...I'll try the 67.02