LaptopVideo2Go Forums

p105-s9722-DO NOT UPDATE TO VISTA BIOS. Help/Warning!

sluzi26

I'm going to make this short and sweet. I upgrade from XP Pro to Home Premium using Toshiba's little guide, which included installing the v3.30 bios. Vista would not install. It would not recognize the dual core architecture and bluescreen. Bluescreen during installation. Yep.

Reverted to version 2.4 bios.

Vista installed, installed Synaptic mouse driver. Constant blue screens, could not be fixed. Could not even boot into safemode.

Used Toshiba Recovery disk. Back to factory default settings and software.

Fans still do not operate like they used to. I idle at 60*C GPU and Environment when before I would idle at 50*C/30-40*C Environment.

My only option at this point, after flashing to 1.7 bios, reflashing to 3.3 and flashing again to 2.4 which is the only one that totally 'works', is to bring the system in for repair. What they are going to repair is totally beyond me as there is not a ###### thing wrong with my hardware.

The fans still spin up like they should when I start the computer but they do not spin up like they should when XP begins to load.

If ANYONE has any suggestions Please contact me on aim as tehs2h. I have tried everything I can think of, not being a novice to PCs in the least, and the only thing I can think of is that a block on the bios is still using the 3.3 software rather than the 2.4 software. Obviously, I don't know how to fix this.