LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem With Nvidia Drivers

Chris Wind

Hello im writing because im having problems with games on a laptop dell i bought, i think its the drivers of the Nvidia Geforce Go 7900 Gs, i tried to find the drivers on the official nvidia page but i didint found nothing. The descripcion of the laptop is a Inspiron Dell E1705 Intel® Core? 2 Duo T7400 (2.16GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 667 MHz FSB) with windows vista and 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz. hope you can help me find the drivers that fits with my laptop and the nvidia card i have.

i will be waiting and answer. thanks for your time.

Christian

Hello im writing because im having problems with games on a laptop dell i bought, i think its the drivers of the Nvidia Geforce Go 7900 Gs, i tried to find the drivers on the official nvidia page but i didint found nothing. The descripcion of the laptop is a Inspiron Dell E1705 Intel® Core? 2 Duo T7400 (2.16GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 667 MHz FSB) with windows vista and 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz. hope you can help me find the drivers that fits with my laptop and the nvidia card i have.

i will be waiting and answer. thanks for your time.

Christian

What kind of problems are you experiencing? As far as I know the most stable drivers out right now are 158.18 for vista.

well when im playing a game the image gets stuck and i have to wait some mins and open the task manager so the image comes back again. i saw you have the same video card than me, what drivers are you using and where i can donwload them? do you have problems with games?

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Chris Wind

I have some massive chugging problems in every game and application I use in Vista. Say I'm playing Battlefield 2. Using any settings (High or Low) I obtain high frames per second. Then every 3 seconds or so my FPS drops to unplayable rates (under 10 FPS) and then it suddenly shoots back up to some high FPS number. This happens in ongoing intervals that dont stop except for a few times where it works fine for a minute and then the problem starts again. I'm using drivers 101.41 because my fans were not working when I was using drivers 158.18. My gfx card would reach some high 80s C when I was using those drivers but now with the 101.41s My graphics card stays at a constant 65 C When playing games because the fans actually TURN ON.

I have some massive chugging problems in every game and application I use in Vista. Say I'm playing Battlefield 2. Using any settings (High or Low) I obtain high frames per second. Then every 3 seconds or so my FPS drops to unplayable rates (under 10 FPS) and then it suddenly shoots back up to some high FPS number. This happens in ongoing intervals that dont stop except for a few times where it works fine for a minute and then the problem starts again. I'm using drivers 101.41 because my fans were not working when I was using drivers 158.18. My gfx card would reach some high 80s C when I was using those drivers but now with the 101.41s My graphics card stays at a constant 65 C When playing games because the fans actually TURN ON.

So what drivers do you recomend me to use the 101.41 or the 158.18?? and can you please give me the direction where i can dowload them?