LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help with 64 bit driver for Geforce Go 7950 gtx

suryad

Hey guys,

Great forum. Thanks for providing such a service to us laptop folks. Well my title says it all pretty much. I dont know what I am doing wrong but I downloaded the 158 series drivers from the laptopvideo2go webpage for XP 64 bit and I installed it with that custom INF that was also provided in the same spot as the link for the drivers. The drivers loaded up just fine and then it was time for me to benchmark. Now this is where things got sour. The 3dfmark06 benchmark would start out with around 40-50 fps then drop to 1-3 fps.

Being disappointed I went to the Dell site to see if they have 64 bit drivers but they dont....so then I went back and reinstaleld 32 bit drivers...and they had to be Dell drivers as well as none of these drivers worked for me! What am I doing wrong? I just dont get it. Never thought I would find installing drivers to be so problematic!